Coronavirus: Latest News, Advice And Travel Information
Keep awake to date with the most recent coronavirus direction and advancements in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and around the globe
Which countries have been worst hit by coronavirus?
As of April 26, the USA has recorded in excess of 960,000 cases, Spain more than 223,000, Italy more than 195,000 and France 161,000. Germany and the UK are likewise overseeing significant flare-ups, with in excess of 156,000 cases and 148,000 cases individually.
As of April 26, there have been 9,813 cases recorded in the UAE. You can stay up with the latest utilizing the Bing COVID-19 tracker directly here.
Now, it’s implied that coronavirus has stirred up the entirety of our everyday lives.
So far the infection has spread across six landmasses, and governments around the globe are reacting by empowering or ordering careful steps to help stem the coronavirus spread.
With occasions continually transforming, we’ve assembled this convenient FAQ to present to you some assistance, tips and point of view. You don’t have to freeze, and for the occasion, life should proceed as typical (regardless of whether it means marginally more Netflix than expected). Yet, it won’t damage to remain enlightened up on the official guidance, as nitty gritty beneath.
Believe you’re catching something? Stressed you’ll need to drop your vacation plans? Keep awake to date with our manual for the most recent coronavirus direction and advancements.
What is coronavirus?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory sickness that began in creatures and is currently being transmitted between people. The side effects incorporate hacks, fever, brevity of breath and breathing troubles. First distinguished in Wuhan, China, the infection has (as of April 26) influenced almost 3 million individuals in 210 nations. Somewhere in the range of 203,000 individuals have passed on, while 838,000 have recouped. On March 11 the World Health Organization named the episode a ‘pandemic’
How bad is coronavirus?
Unlike flu, there is no vaccine (yet), and recovery depends on the strength of the immune system. In severe cases the virus may cause pneumonia and/or organ failure.
Compared to Sars (another coronavirus that hit headlines in 2003), the mortality rate of COVID-19 is low: around 3.4 percent according to the latest WHO estimate. This is, however, significantly higher than regular seasonal flu, which is fatal in around 0.1 percent of cases. So far, COVID-19 also appears to be more contagious than seasonal flu.
The elderly and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease are most likely to develop a severe illness relating to COVID-19. The death rate is ten times higher among the very elderly compared with the middle-aged, according to the WHO. Children are less likely to be affected.
Which countries have been worst hit by coronavirus?
As of April 26, the USA has recorded in excess of 960,000 cases, Spain more than 223,000, Italy more than 195,000 and France 161,000. Germany and the UK are additionally overseeing significant episodes, with in excess of 156,000 cases and 148,000 cases individually.
In what manner will coronavirus influence my everyday life?
First: don’t freeze. The spread of the infection outside China wasn’t startling, and governments have been making arrangements and giving exhortation.
Starting around early afternoon on Thursday March 19, the UAE has suspended visa passage to the nation, for the two guests and existing legitimate visa holders. The suspension is set to keep going for about fourteen days.
As indicated by WAM, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has mentioned that those with substantial visas who are currently outside of the nation to contact their managers and their government office or department for help, while the individuals who are on an extended get-away or going in a nation other than their nation of origin should contact the UAE international safe haven or office on the ground.
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) in the interim energizes groups of those influenced by the choice to connect, which should be possible via telephone or email, as beneath:
If you’re in Dubai
As of March 23, the neighborhood specialists have proclaimed that the accompanying associations and administrations suspend activity until the finish of March:
• Sea travels
• Desert camps and visits (safaris)
• Floating cafés
• Massage parlors and spas
• Museums, verifiable locales and open libraries
• Theme parks (motiongate Dubai, LEGOLAND Dubai, LEGOLAND Waterpark Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai)
• Tourist attractions (counting Global Village, At The Top, Dubai Ice Rink – click here for the full rundown)
• Service of shisha in all bistros and coffeehouses
• Gyms and wellness offices
• Nightclubs, bars, bars and parlors
• All open occasions (counting yet not restricted to unrecorded music shows and wedding parties)
From Tuesday March 24, all strip malls, shopping centers and fish, meat and vegetable markets have been requested to close for a sustainable time of about fourteen days.
Markets, drug stores and nourishment retail outlets will stay open.
If you’re in Abu Dhabi
As of March 23, the nearby specialists have announced that the accompanying associations and administrations suspend activity until the finish of March:
• Museums, recorded locales and open libraries (counting the Cultural Foundation, Louver Abu Dhabi and Qasr Al Watan)
• Theme parks (counting CLYMB Abu Dhabi, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld )
• Tourist attractions (counting Al Ain Oasis, Al Wathba Wetland Reserve, Jubail Mangrove Park, click here for the full rundown)
• Service of shisha in all bistros and cafés
• Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
• All open sea shores, parks, films and sports lobbies
• Restaurants will stay open however can just arrive at 20 percent limit, so a sheltered separation between burger joints is kept up at some random time
• Nightclubs and scenes with a limit of in excess of 400 individuals
• All open occasions (counting however not constrained to unrecorded music shows and wedding parties)
• Shops in My City Center Masdar City will open from early afternoon until 8pm, except for Carrefour, phamracies and facilities.
From Tuesday March 24, all strip malls, shopping centers and fish, meat and vegetable markets have been requested to close for an inexhaustible time of about fourteen days.
General stores, drug stores and nourishment retail outlets will stay open.Tags: Advice, Coronavirus, Dubai, Latest News, Travel Information